The Tip Jar
It's not easy providing one of the web's largest basketry information sites for free--and it's not cheap either. BasketMakers and formerly About Basketry has been doing it since 1998. I hope to be able to continue to do so with your help. I may have a new name and address at BasketMakers, but I am still motivated by the joy of sharing my love of the art of basketmaking. It has been wonderful to see that such an incredible number of people have come to depend on this site. There have been one million page views or more each year. Unfortunately, sharing with so many people comes at a high cost for site expenses and the many hours it requires to maintain the hundreds and hundreds of pages and over 46,000 hyperlinks on the site. That's where you come in--if you have found this site useful and I hope you have, you can use this page to give a little back, to help keep BasketMakers online as your source for basketry information on the web.
Over the years I've gotten some truly lovely responses to my site. I've received many wonderful e-mails which I have truly appreciated. I've gotten valuable advice and met many readers in person. I've also gotten some gifts that I cherish. I truly appreciate each one of my site visitors who have contributed by making a donation, purchasing a paid listing, bought from a site affiliate or visited one or many of the sponsored ads.
In addition to the countless hours of time I put into maintaining all the pages on the site, my domain name registrations, chat room, forum, Internet access, software, computer hardware and other site expenses require substantial costs. However, if you've enjoyed my creative efforts and you'd like to offer a token of your appreciation, you have several options at your disposal...
1. Supportive e-mail is always appreciated. If you have a question, would like to report a dead link or spelling error, update organizational or event listings or wish to send me a message which is considerate of my feelings, please do. I do try to respond. Guidelines for writing to me can be found here.
2. Create a link from your site to BasketMakers. The search engines pay attention to the number of links coming into a web site when they determine the ranking of a listing. You can help out by creating a link to BasketMakers from your site.
3. Use the links on the Shop with BasketMakers.com page any time you make a purchase from any of my site affiliates. In accordance with Federal Trade Commission Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (16 Code of Federal Regulations Part 255) visitors should be aware that as an affiliate of the listed companies I am compensated for linking to their products or sites. I choose items carefully and list items only if I believe they are worthy of your consideration. If you value the information and services I offer to the basketry community, please consider that purchases from my links to any of the affiliated sites listed here will help support development of the BasketMakers site.
4. Use this link whenever you buy or bid on anything at eBay! Not a member yet?
5. Subscribe to or renew the subscription to your favorite magazine.
6. Purchase your next basketry book (or any other item) from Amazon starting from a link on BasketMakers.com.
Specify BasketMakers.com in your Google AdWords campaign by following the
directions on this link.
8. In the true spirit of a Tip Jar you may contribute a gratuity (see below) or some helpful advice. Filling out the form on this page will allow you to leave your basketweaving advice in my virtual tip jar (tips will not be added to the jar immediately).
If you'd like to leave a financial gift, you may do so with PayPal. This service allow you to transfer money from one credit card or bank account to another via e-mail. Even a dollar would be appreciated, as it will go towards my annual domain name registrations, chat room, forum, Internet access, software and other costs. The buttons below will allow you to log on or sign up and gifts may be donated directly to my PayPal account. If you would prefer to donate by check or money order, please contact me for a mailing address.